This Crockpot turkey chili is delicious, easy and healthy! It’s perfect for a cold winter night and light enough to make year round.
- 1 can, dark kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can, pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can, (12 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can, (12 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can, (12 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can, ROTEL – Mild, Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/2 lb, ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 cayenne pepper, based on preferred heat level
- 1/8 chili powder, based on preferred heat level
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground turkey meat in a regular frying pan, drain. Add chopped white onion to pan till transparent, salt and pepper to taste. Add ground meat with onion to medium-size crockpot.
- Drain and rinse, pinto beans and dark kidney beans, add to crockpot.
- Open cans and add tomato sauce, petite diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes, ROTEL tomatoes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, onion powder and paprika to the crockpot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn crockpot on setting 4-6 hours, or longer. This can also be cooked over the stove on low heat.
Serve with saltines crackers and shredded cheddar cheese, enjoy!
Gluten Free (GF) Dairy Free (DF)