If you are like me, it can be hard trying to figure out any gift for your significant other, especially on a day like Valentine’s Day. The day usually seems to be geared towards what to do for women, which leaves us women wondering what to do for our men.
Over the years, I have always tried to do something special and meaningful for my husband, without being over the top mushy. I try to be creative while staying within my skill limits and let’s just say, I’m no Martha Stewart by any means! I do enjoy thinking outside of the box though, which tends to be worth the extra effort!
Here are 8 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for your Special Man:
- Framed Wedding Vows – For our wedding, my husband and I created our own vows together. I took one of our wedding photos and changed the contrast on the photo. I typed our wedding vows over the top of the photo and am having it printed and placed it into a nice frame. We are hanging it in our bedroom so we can always remember our vows to each other. This would be a great Valentine’s Gift for your husband of 1 year or 30 years!
- A Dinner to Remember – Get all of the ingredients to your husband’s favorite meal. On Valentine’s Day, put on some lingerie, heels, and music to set the mood, while you cook your husband his favorite meal! It will be a night to remember and probably one of the best gifts you could give him!
- Massage – Instead of buying a couple’s massage, become your husband’s personal masseuse for the night. After dinner, bring out your favorite essential oils, massage oils, or lotion. Turn off the lights, light a few candles, turn on some music and be your husband’s masseuse.
- Kiss Frame – Buy a picture frame with a white picture mat. Apply lipstick of various shades and kissed all around the photo mat, whipping the colors off in between each shade. Place your favorite photo inside and put the frame back together.
- Love Jar – One year, I hand cut 100+ small hearts out of red and pink construction paper. I made one heart for each month we had been together. On each heart, I wrote what I love about my husband. At first, it felt a little corny but by the time I had finished, I actually really enjoyed the project! It was a a great way to show my husband, and remind me, how much I appreciate him, how he makes me feel and all the different reasons I love him! My husband enjoyed learning what make him so special to me and we had a lot of fun going through the jar together.
- Trail of Hearts – Instead of rose pedals, use the mini hearts to sprinkle a trail to the bedroom and onto the bed. When your husband sees them he’ll follow all of the reasons why you love him to the bedroom. What better way to set the mood for the night!
- Love Slideshow – This one I actually made for my husband’s birthday, and our wedding, but it would be a perfect Valentine’s Day gift as well! I gathered a bunch of photos of my husband and me, throughout our relationship, and compiled them into a slideshow. I found love songs that matched each phase of our relationship perfectly and included them to match the photos. He loved it! I have a Mac computer, which has a software called iDVD to make mine. If you don’t have this option, a slideshow can also be created using other software like Microsoft PowerPoint.
- I Love you to Pizzas – If your husband loves pizza as much as mine, this will be the perfect gift. Order your husband his favorite pizza and have it delivered without telling him (make sure he’s home or available to accept it). Many pizza places actually make heart shaped pizza’s on Valentine’s Day. What better way to surprise him with his favorite treat!?!
People say that Valentine’s Day is overrated but really, a special day dedicated to showing your loved one how much you care and love them, doesn’t seem overrated to me!
What are some creative gifts you’ve given your special man for Valentine’s Day? I’d love to hear about them!
xoxo – Katie
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schultz