With the cold, rainy, gloomy weather in Minnesota, Shane and I decided we needed some yummy comfort food! Today, I’m sharing my requested homemade Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe. I’ve received many complements on this recipe and although it’s not healthy, it sure is delicious!
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can Canoe, Cooked Wild Rice, drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven (or large pot) on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in diced onions and carrots sautee until unions are translucent. Add flour 1/4 a cup at a time, consistently mixing each batch of flour with the butter, cooking off the flour taste 2-3 minutes.
- Based on how thick you like your soup, very slowly add the chicken broth,1/2 cup at a time, consistently stirring and mixing all ingredients until the desired thickness is achieved. Let simmer 5 mins.
- Pour in heavy cream and drained cooked wild rice. Add cooked shredded chicken.
- Mix all ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of bread, enjoy!
*To view a live video of me making this recipe, head over to my LadiMerk Facebook page!
If you cook this, or any other recipes from the blog, please take a photo and tag me @ladimerk on social media, I’d love to see how you like it!