Growing up my best friend’s mom made a Better Than Anything Cake that was in fact, better than anything. Over the years, I’ve gotten the recipe from her a few different times but never wrote it down, no idea what I was thinking.
Recently, I remembered how delicious that cake was but couldn’t remember how to make it. I thought I’d go ahead and try creating a recipe for it on my own. I did and luckily, it turned out and is delicious!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 boxes JELL-O instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8oz) container Cool Whip
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 package HEATH Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- Carmel syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan. Grease bottom only of 13″x9″ pan or bottom and sides of all other pans.
- Mix Cake Mix, 2 boxes of JELL-O (unmade/just powder), water, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed in chart or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting. Do not skip this step or your frosting will melt, as mine did, we were to eager to eat it. 🙂
- In separate medium box, mix Cool Whip, vanilla, 1/4 cup HEATH toffee bits and powder sugar, mix well.
- Once the cake has FULLY cooled, pour the whip topping mixture “frosting” the cake.
- Once fully covered with the topping, sprinkle 2/3 of the bag of the HEATH toffee bits over the cake. Drizzle with caramel and chocolate syrup as desired. Store the cake in the fridge. Enjoy!
*Tip: The HEATH toffee bits will soften over time so add more as desired with the remaining 1/4 bag if you prefer the extra crunch.
As always, if you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and/or tag me on social media. I always love seeing my recipes being enjoyed by others and getting your feedback!