My mom makes these homemade pizzas on the grill and they’re so delicious! They’re not your typical pizza with marinara sauce, loaded with meats and cheese, so lets just say my first impression (before I had tried it) wasn’t exactly a good one. That changed the second I took a bite. Once I tried it, I was hooked! Since then, I get excited every time I have a chance to eat one of my mom’s now famous (in our family) homemade grilled pizzas.
I’ve attempted to make these pizzas that my mom makes but for some reason, bread is and has always been very difficult for me to make. Yeast is not my friend. I came across a recipe to make homemade pizzas using Naan as the bread dough so the next time Shane and I went to the grocery store I picked up some of the Storefire Naan I had seen.
I used my mom’s homemade grilled pizza recipe as inspiration to make the Naan pizzas for Shane and I and they’re delicious! I’m so excited to finally be able to make homemade pizzas at home with the stonefire crust like my mom’s homemade grilled pizzas. They’re so good, you don’t even feel like your missing out on your typical pizza ingredients. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Shane and I are!
This recipe can easily adapt to your choice in toppings. The main ingredients to include are the fresh garlic, basil and that last drizzle of olive oil at the end.
- 2 pack Naan Stonefire
- fresh mozzarella
- 1 Roma tomato, cut vertically
- 1 onion, cut vertically
- 1 green pepper, cut vertically
- mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium skillet, saute vegetables in olive oil. Once vegetables are cooked, remove and set aside. Saute garlic, cooking just enough, before turning light brown.
- Assemble pizzas by adding sliced mozzarella pieces, sauteed vegetables, cooked garlic, fresh basil, drizzle a small amount of olive oil to the top.
- Bake pizza until mozzarella is fully melted, about 10 mins. If desired, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!