A few years ago, an old friend of mine made a pasta salad for our high school reunion. We all loved it, it was delicious. We asked her for the recipe and she told us but of course I didn’t write it down. Since then I’ve looked for similar recipes online and haven’t been able to find one.
This past weekend, I decided to recreate the recipe myself. I’m not sure how close it is to the original recipe that she made but it sure turned out delicious anyway and I’m excited to add it to our summer menu.
With only 5 ingredients and taking less than 20 minutes to make, this simple bow tie pasta salad is sure to be a hit at your next potluck!
- 4 oz canned chicken, drained
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 cup light miracle whip
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, rinsed and halved
- 1/2 cups parmigiana
- salt & pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, heat water until boiling with a dash of salt. Add pasta, cook until al denta, about 10-15 minutes. Once cooked, drain pasta and run cold water over to cool pasta.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked pasta, shredded chicken, miracle whip, grapes, and parmigiana.
- Mix ingredients until all noodles are fully coated with miracle whip, add more miracle whip or parmigiana if desired. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle top with parmigiana.
Serves about 4 people. Keep cool while serving, store in refrigerator. This recipe could easily be transitioned to gluten free with your choice of gluten free noodles.