When I had Stella last fall, my mom came to help us with cleaning and making meals, it was so helpful! One of the meals she made for us was Beef Stroggenoff and we loved it! It was a new meal that we hadn’t had in years and quickly became a new staple meal in our household due to the easy prep and cleanup.
With fall just around the corner, I find myself grabbing the recipe again and had to share. I’ve made a few tweaks to the original recipe she had made for us but it’s still filled with the creamy and flavorful goodness. It’s sure to be a new weeknight family favorite recipe!
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom souo
1/2 packed Liptons Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom or Beefy Onion
1 package of cubed beef or 2 steaks cubed
1 can beef broth
1 onion, chopped
1 package wide egg noodles, cooked
3 tablespoons flour
1. In a medium sized frying pan, sear beef on medium-high heat. No need to cook through just need a sear on the outside. (This step can be skipped if desired, it just adds extra flavor). Once seared on both sides, add into crockpot.
2. In the same pan used for the beef, no need to wipe clean, add onion fry until browned. Add into crockpot. Do the exact same thing with the mushrooms. Add them into the crockpot as well.
3. Combine the Lipton soup mix with the 3/4 can of beef broth, mix and pour mixture into the crockpot with the steak, onions, and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Empty can of cream of mushroom soup into crockpot. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Turn crockpot onto low setting for 6 hours, or high setting for 4 hours.
5. About an hour before serving combine 3 tablespoons of flour with the remaining beef broth pour into the crockpot and mix. Turn crockpot onto high settings for the last hour.
6. Before serving, add cream cheese and sour cream into the crockpot, mix well. Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!